17 Oct 2009

RR-004: Episode 2 - Run up to the Second Date

After the exertions of the first year, I thought that I was past that stage of being chased for a date now. I was in the Second Year after all and would be dictating things rather than the other way round. And being extremely averse of doing assignments for the fairer sex, I thought that I would be under the radar as far as dates go. Well.........apparently, I was wrong.

Typically, the Freshers Party is a month into the first term of the year. A major part of the month was thru without any alarming signs. That was till I got a phone call one day. It was a lady from my junior batch. She had apparently done a background check on me through some common friend she had discovered and decided that I would be the perfect choice for the date. All that was required was an official communique and this was it.

Lest I get any ideas about her having any designs on me, she informed me that she had a boyfriend whom she was extremely committed too. I have read my fair share of P.G. Wodehouse novels and probably have been subconciously influenced by the "Code of the Woosters". Hence I could obviously not turn down the date. So hoping for the best I said "that would be great" in my most charming voice and started preparations for what had turned out to be a blind date.

Over the next week or so, I made efforts to put a a face to the voice, but was unsuccesful. Maybe she wanted to keep it as a surprise till the end!!!

And so, I was on the verge of starting my second date......

No comments:

RR - 028: When Bob got Directly Marketed

This is an incident which happened with Bob when he was working Down South. Bob was staying on rent in an apartment which was situated on...